Re: --export w/o $DISPLAY?

Le jeu, sep 06, 2001, à 04:12:43 -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

Conceptually, it's not complicated at all: just find the width of a text
in a given font. Technically, well, I'm waiting for patches, because this
is beyond my capacity.

Check the FreeType mailing list archives, some other program does this
(kludgily) by looking for the font.dir files in some standard places.

This is why I'd prefer delegate this stuff to a font manager like defoma....

My freetype code uses XGetFontPath, which also requires a display.

... but is this all it needs a display for (barring, obviously, the
rendering step) ?

        --- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.