--export w/o $DISPLAY?

Hi all,
I'm trying to set up dia to automatically regenerate some diagrams when the
XML files are committed to the CVS repository.
To do this, I am looking at the --export option.  (Actually, I tried it,
and it seems to work great).

Unfortunately, its usage seems to require the $DISPLAY to be set.  This
causes me problems, as this is being run automatically on a headless server.
(ie There's nothing to set the $DISPLAY to...)

I can work around it for now by leaving a machine with X running, and
hard-coding the $DISPLAY to it.  However, I'm wondering if this requirement
(Having the $DISPLAY set) is required, or if it is just an oversight.
If this restriction could be removed, it'd certainly make my life easier
(and possibly others too!)

Well, it's just a suggestion for a future release.  Meanwhile, keep up the
great work!
Ian

[ Please CC me directly - I'm not subscribed to the list... ]