Re: feature request

Hi Cyrille!

Le dim, sep 02, 2001, à 05:41:07 +0200, Abraham van der Merwe a écrit:

So for instance I have 10 dia files. They all should be converted to xfig
format (.fig), and they should use a 30% scale. I want something like this:

for F in *.dia
do
    dia --scale 30 --export-format=fig $F
done

Actually, --export-format (or -x for short) would be extremely useful to
implement #58197. I don't really see the point of --scale, but that's
because I never write "documents" with dia, only "figures" which I then
embed into documents, whose document processor is smart enough to handle
scaling itself (but I understand that it would be useful to some).

 --scale is very important to me. The reason for this is that I use dia to
make figures that I embed in latex documents. The problem is that by
default, if I convert dia -> eps (or fig), the figure doesn't fit on a page
(and even if it did, it would still be to big).

So what I end up doing is for each document, I go and setup the scale to 30%
and then export it (actually I first export it to xfig format and then
convert it to eps otherwise dia use some weird fonts which most people
complain about). This is a tedious process which could really be speeded up
by just having a command-line option.

--

Regards
 Abraham

Why would anyone want to be called "Later"?

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - Frogfoot Networks
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net
 Email: abz frogfoot net