RE: Newbie: Lost my fit-to-page lines??

Fred Welland [mailto:fwelland intelixinc com] wrote

In efforts to completely switch to Linux, I am giving dia a
try.  I have
made a couple of diagrams and I wish to print them. The first
few drafts
printed OK (directly printing to lpr).  But after a few open/close
operations on the dia files (you know, making some small edits after
printing), the blue print guidelines dissappeared and
printing no loger
works (looks like I get a ps error from the printer).  I have scaling
set to 1x1 pages.

It appears that if I start a brand new document, I get the printing
guides back, and I think printing will be OK.  (BTW: I thought I could
copy and paste the objects from one dia doc to another - that doesn't
work...).

My Env is:  RH 7.0; Xmian Gnome 1.2; dia 0.88.1 (Toshiba
tecra 8100); .
My printer is a lexmark something other that works fine from
other apps
(mozilla, AbiWord, gnumeric).

Are you able to try the latest CVS version? If you can't access the CVS then
download the latest snapshot from
http://www.crans.org/~chepelov/dia/snapshots

A lot has happened since 0.88.1 and I am confident this should allow you to
print - in 0.88.1 some objects were getting erroneous bounding boxes and so
lots of things got stuffed up.

If this doesn't help, or if you are unable to get a CVS copy or snapshot to
compile, please let us know.

Thank you for trying dia!

Regards,
Rob.