Re: UML Diagram Questions

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Rob wrote:
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:17:37 -0700
To: <dia-list gnome org>
From: "Rob" <rikonigsberg hotmail com>
Sender: dia-list-admin gnome org
Subject: UML Diagram Questions

Hello!

I'm quite interested in Dia, of course for its Visio-ishness, but
more for the UML-ishness! I'm a big fan of Rational Rose except for
its price, and would be willing to help make this product more
UML-useable. Some questions, first.

1. Has anyone worked on converting a UML Diagram to source code?
2. Is there any awareness of XMI, the DTD for UML?  (ACRONYMS!) If
DIA can read and write XMI, it becomes compatible with all other
CASE tools. IBM currently has a Rational Rose<=>XMI converter.
Imagine my hands are rolling and I'm saying "mwahahahaha..."

I've thought about an XMI import/export, but haven't done anything
about it.  Was going to do it from the UML-ish XML via python (not
from C code inside dia itself).  Ran out of time due to other
projects.  I'd try to help but no guarantees.

Really, I'm curious what plans are in store for the UML portion of
DIA, and any comments on how I can help -- lemme know.

Thanks,

Rob

--
Harry George