Re: UML Diagram Questions

We are working on new Shapes code called UrShapes that will make it
easier in the future to create interactive shapes.  One of my goals with
this project is to create new UML shapes that are easier to work with
and allow for scripts to manipulate shapes.  Once finished it will be
easy for someone to get data out of UML shapes and place data into
them.  Of course we do not have a definite date as to when working code
will surface.  Help is always needed.  Take a looked at the discussions
about UrShape in the list archives to see if you would like to lend a
hand.

--J5

Rob wrote:

Hello! I'm quite interested in Dia, of course for its Visio-ishness,
but more for the UML-ishness! I'm a big fan of Rational Rose except
for its price, and would be willing to help make this product more
UML-useable. Some questions, first. 1. Has anyone worked on converting
a UML Diagram to source code?2. Is there any awareness of XMI, the DTD
for UML?  (ACRONYMS!) If DIA can read and write XMI, it becomes
compatible with all other CASE tools. IBM currently has a Rational
Rose<=>XMI converter. Imagine my hands are rolling and I'm saying
"mwahahahaha..." Really, I'm curious what plans are in store for the
UML portion of DIA, and any comments on how I can help -- lemme
know. Thanks,
Rob