Re: RE: StdProp overhaul, take 2

Le mar, aoû 14, 2001, à 06:12:24 +0930, Young, Robert a écrit:

To get a successful compile I had to fix:

lib/font.c:71 changing fprintf(...) to fprintf(FMT...) as the version of gcc
I have didn't like the former.

done. The formatless format is a C99 construct, it seems.

unknown function g_critical. Given that it appeared to be sort of debug
output I #defined g_critical out (like you'd done with the above). Is this a
new GLib or something function? Is there a newer GLib version dependancy??

Ah ? Hmmm.. I've got version 1.2.10. It looks like g_critical() has been
defined between 1.2.8 and 1.2.9.

I could add a configure.in check, though it looks a bit silly to have a too
recent build-dep when downgrading g_critical to g_error (for a corner case
anyway) is easier.

po/zh_TW.Big5.po caused 7 illegal control sequences errors. I removed it
from my Makefile as it looked unimportant for me.

This is because you need gettext 0.10.38. Classic workaround is to copy any
other .po file on this one and <troll>curse those savages who don't use
utf-8 and a proper writing system</troll> (I actually think that computers
should adapt to the locale, not the other way around).

Once it was running, I played around. The diagram of my wifes which caused
0.88.1 to stuff up the bounding boxes now works perfectly. It prints
correctly, loads with the correct extents etc etc etc. This is great!

This is excellent news ! I'll close #58882 and mark Debian #107167 on my
list of "this is now fixed, please package the new upstream" future wishlist
bug.

Core dump after copying and pasting a flowchart object with text in it (test
file not required - just create flowchart box, type some text, copy (CTRL-C)
then paste (CTRL-V) - core dump happens). gdb gave me this from a gdb
./app/dia -core core
#0  0x808a7d0 in font_get_cache (font=0x8064e98, height=0) at font.c:912
912     } else if (font->cache[index]->height != height) {

This doesn't happen in 0.88.1

Indeed, it's from new code. I just found the problem and nailed it
(hopefully). Basically, a (Text *) field was handled as a string property,
and that text field was described by a common property descriptor named...
PROP_TYPE_STD_TEXT. The property offset descriptor correctly referred to
that property as a Text property ; I've added a safety net and corrected the
STD_TEXT definition (the objects were already expecting this definition
anyway).

Thanks a lot for your input ! Here's a patch which reflects what I'm
committing right now.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.