RE: RE: StdProp overhaul, take 2

Core dump after copying and pasting a flowchart object with
text in it (test
file not required - just create flowchart box, type some
text, copy (CTRL-C)
then paste (CTRL-V) - core dump happens). gdb gave me this
from a gdb
./app/dia -core core
#0  0x808a7d0 in font_get_cache (font=0x8064e98, height=0)
at font.c:912
912   } else if (font->cache[index]->height != height) {

This doesn't happen in 0.88.1

Indeed, it's from new code. I just found the problem and nailed it
(hopefully). Basically, a (Text *) field was handled as a
string property,
and that text field was described by a common property
descriptor named...
PROP_TYPE_STD_TEXT. The property offset descriptor correctly
referred to
that property as a Text property ; I've added a safety net
and corrected the
STD_TEXT definition (the objects were already expecting this
definition
anyway).

The patch worked OK (I'm a bit new to this patch thing, but that's what man
is for :-) but there's now another problem (with the new patched dia),
possibly related:
Create new diagram, place a custom shape (e.g. resistor from Circuit sheet),
select modify tool. Copy. Dia segfaults, and gdb gives:

#0  text_get_attributes (text=0x0, attr=0x81cd854) at text.c:939
939       attr->font = text->font;

This doesn't happen if the object has text associated with it, e.g. Computer
from the Network sheet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rob.