Re: SQL parser ready to hook up to Dia

Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Also, your module is likely to set the properties of "this or that" object
(UML classes, certainly). I'm currently rewriting the StdProp code, so that
UML class and UML association become simple StdProp objects -- please see my
recent announce post. One interesting effect is that you'll be able to *NOT*
know what the internal structure of UML - Class (or whatever) is doing.
What you'll be able to do is just pass a list of property values, and call
        class_object->ops->set_props(class_object,props).
This is what xfig and dxf are already doing ; unfortunately, my rewrite
completely changes the interface to do this (struct Property and the ways to
access its data members changes).... I expect it to be committed, or at
least in a visible and useable state by monday (the version I posted does
not work -- I've fixed a few bugs since, and I can now proudly announce that
it loads all samples and passes running under Electric Fence -- but I must
fix the plug-ins ASAP so you can see how they do. And of course, I must use
the shiny new "nested array" property types to let you modify the Class
object through the StdProp interface).

I don't mind waiting to try out the StdProp interface.  I can work on
the parser in the meantime, to get it parsing the DDL of actual database
platforms, instead of SQL/92, which no-one supports.

Andy