Re: Solaris 2.6 finite() prototype

Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Just add a configure.in test for the presence of ieeefp.h, and then include
ieeefp.h if HAVE_IEEEFP in the files which use finite(). You don't need to
apologise for using Solaris :-). It's a matter of
        AC_CHECK_HEADERS(ieeefp.h)
        (check that autoheader really includes a HAVE_IEEEFP variable then),
and then #ifdef HAVE_IEEEFP (_H ?), do the right thing (it can't hurt to
include both ieeefp.h and math.h on platform which have both but have
finite() in math.h, anyway)

I've since learned that this situation exists on at least Solaris 2.4,
2.6, probably 2.5.x, and in some HP-UX configurations, finite() doesn't
exist at all.  Apparently there is a macro in The GIMP source to handle
it, so I'm looking at that next.  I'll just copy theirs if I can.

Andy