Re: Autoconf trouble

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Le mer, aoû 01, 2001, à 08:31:17 -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

[...]
Not talking for the RPM side, of which I'm pretty much ignorant (out of
lack of necessity).

Me too, but I still don't want to have them go through hoops to compile.
Incidentally, how many Dia developers use RPM-based systems (please reply
to me by email, and I'll summarize)?

However, for the debian side, I beg to differ:

auric% cd /org/ftp.debian.org/incoming/DONE
auric% pwd
/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming/DONE
auric% ls -l autoconf*2.5*
-rw-rw-r--    1 troup    Debian       1927 May 21 16:30 autoconf_2.50-1_i386.changes
[...]
(easily verifiable through http://incoming.debian.org/DONE, but I didn't
feel like downloading the whole page) (I wonder why the buildd's aren't
picking that package ?)

Well, it takes some time to get through to testing.

However,... <NMI/>

let's stop that. I've just checked again.  There is no AC_LANG_PUSH,
except in aclocal.m4 (which won't be a problem if it's generated by an
older autotools) I must have used them at one point, then removed
them. And kept remembering the requirement.

I see.  Smurf happens.

Please comment out the AC_PREREQ and AC_REVISION statements in
configure.in, these are the only autoconf features we're using for the
moment (IIRC, which isn't self-evident).

Done.

However, the moment I really
need an autoconf 2.50 feature (or such feature cuts a dozen lines of
ac2.13 code), I'll not hesitate a second. If people need RPMs for recent
versions of autoconf, they'll have the alien(1) tool if rpmfind.net
fails.

True.  I hope this won't be until 2.50 is more commonly available.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg