Re: Autoconf trouble

Le mer, aoû 01, 2001, à 07:45:41 -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

When I try to ./autogen.sh the newest CVS, I get the following from
autoheader:

FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.50 or higher is required for this script

So it works. Good ! :-)

Now debian unstable autoconf (including autoheader) is only at 2.13, so
where did this come from?  Still configures fine, though.

It comes from me (it looked to me that the AC_PUSH stuff was confusing
autoconf 2.13. The (debian package) maintainer of autoconf told me it was
libtool's fault, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=107030 ).

I'm running a fairly outdated sid, and I've got this on my system:

muscat%LC_ALL=C dpkg -l "*auto*"                             ~/Code/2001/dia/dia-namedcvs/dia
uppercase=bad)
ii  autobook       1.2-2          GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool Book
ii  autoconf       2.52-1         automatic configure script builder
pi  autoconf2.13   2.13-35        automatic configure script builder (obsolete
rc  autofs         3.1.7-3        A kernel-based automounter for Linux.
ii  automake       1.4-p4-1       A tool for generating GNU Standards-complian
ii  autoproject    0.12-2         create a skeleton source package for a new p
ii  autotools-dev  20010719.1     Update infrastructure for config.{guess,sub}
ii  ipautofw       980511-1       Utility to automatically add masquerade entr
muscat%dpkg -S =autoheader                                   ~/Code/2001/dia/dia-namedcvs/dia
détourné par autoconf2.13 de: /usr/bin/autoheader
détourné par autoconf2.13 à: /usr/bin/autoheader2.50
autoconf2.13, autoconf: /usr/bin/autoheader

Requiring autoconf 2.50+ seemed to me a good deterrent against people with
outdated systems who attempt to compile CVS, run autogen.sh and then
complain they miss this or that M4 macro. Okay, I wanted to avoid
downgrading my libtool :-)

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.