GNOME 3.0 Rescheduled for September 2011 Release
- From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- To: devel-announce-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: GNOME 3.0 Rescheduled for September 2011 Release
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 07:04:13 +0200
The release team met this week at the Bangalore hackfest, and after much
discussion, took the decision that it is in our best interest to delay
3.0 to September. We had a call with the Board to explain the
motivations, and the Board fully supports this decision.
This was obviously not an easy decision to take, but several factors
lead to this delay:
- the number of freeze break requests
- some modules seeing merge of branches with more than 10000 lines of
- the constant changes in the design
- a platform that is moving in new directions (with GTK+ 4 coming
soon, for example)
To keep the focus on 3.0, we are not proposing to release GNOME 2.34
next week. However, a new module proposals period will open for 3.0, and
we are committed to carefully consider the forthcoming proposals,
including alternate desktop shells.
You can read the full press release about this:
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next