MAINTAINERS in svn -- have it or no commit for you

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 01:55:35AM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:36:28AM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > Note that the userid is really important. Otherwise ensure that the
> > E-mail address is the one your @svn.g.o alias forwards to.
>
> I've made an pre-commit script which detects if a module has a valid
> /trunk/MAINTAINERS file. This currently isn't activated, however I might
> do this in future.

This has now been enabled. Means you cannot commit to modules without a
proper MAINTAINERS file. The rejection message points to an URL
explaining this.
You will be able to commit a proper MAINTAINERS file of course.
Note: that has to live in /trunk/MAINTAINERS! Nowhere else (well, ok if
you have it, but the pre-commit script doesn't look at it)!

> Current stats:
> Valid modules:  46
> Invalid format: 229 (file exists, just has the old format or is invalid)
> Lacks file:     343
> Total:          618

Valid modules:  79
Invalid format: 201
Lacks file:     337
Total:          617 (hrm.. one module less than before)

--
Regards,
Olav