New module decisions for 2.20

Hi,

The release team met a few days ago, and had a nice discussion. We had
no ice cream, though, so it could have been a bit better :-) We were
still able to make decisions, especially about the new modules for 2.20.

Many thanks to the people who contributed to the discussion on the list!

Short summary
=============

Retracted:
  LSR

In:
  accerciser
  gnome-devel-docs
  rarian (external dependency)

Out:
  libnotify (external dependency)

Details for In & Out
====================

  + accerciser
    - everybody agreed.
    - we forgot to discuss it, but I guess this will go in the devtools
      suite.

  + gnome-devel-docs
    - everybody agreed.
    - it probably needs some love, and we certainly hope that putting it
      in our suites will help advertising it and help get contributions.
    - we forgot to discuss it, but I guess this will go in the devtools
      suite.

  + rarian
    - everybody agreed. (isn't this getting tiring?)
    - we're glad to get rid of scrollkeeper. This means we don't ship
      scrollkeeper anymore in our desktop suite: rarian provides
      compatibility tools.
    - this is a new external dependency. It'd be great to get other
      projects using it too!
    - message to Don: it seems what is in svn is less recent than what
      is in the latest tarball (?). We still love you!

  + libnotify
    - mixed feelings within the release team.
    - this is being used more and more, so it's pretty clear there's a
      demand for this.
    - some of us still strongly feel that it should live in one of the
      libraries we already have in our stack (probably GTK+). We'd like
      to see people working on integrating this in our stack, or
      explaining why it's not possible to do so.
    - what might be worth is accepting the dbus API: this is something
      that will happen more and more in the future (think Xesam, for
      example). The API probably needs to be standardized, though.

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.