Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] Enable Assistive Technology on Fedora20

On 04/16/2014 10:46 AM, yumingfei cn fujitsu com wrote:
Hi:

I'm trying to use dogtail to do some app test.
It has a requirement that AT should be enabled.

For gnome2, I can set it easily by:
applications->preferences->accessibility->assistive technologies preferences

But on gnome3, no obvious mark to set it enabled.

Since GNOME 3.6, accessibility is always on.  There is no need to enable/disable it as it is always enabled. So no need to enable it by hand.

I can find some assistive parameters in universal access.

Those are there in order to activate default ATs.

I tried to set all available parameters to ON but it didn't work.(after logout)

One of the advantages of accessibility always on (and one of the reasons for the change), is that now is not needed to enable accessibility and then logout and login again in order to use assistive technologies.

Do I miss anything?Or we can set it in terminal by dconf-edit?
I found a11y parameters in dconf-edit but no assistive technology on or something.

Those a11y paramenters in dconf-edit (and the toolkit-accessibility gsetting) is there in order to support gtk2 applications.

Best regards

--
----
Alejandro Piñeiro