Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] Accessibility on Gnome-Screenshot

Michael Fletcher wrote:

1. How does the name of a widget in ldtp get determined? If this is explained somewhere please point me in the right direction.
One trick that I use to find the LDTP name of a widget when I start scripting is getting all the children of a window.

I wrote a small script (attached) and you can use it as:

$ python get_all_roles.py <window_name> <output_file>

That will print in the output file name all the children of the window, with their role.

I hope it is useful.

Cheers,
Ara.

2. How is the label-for as it appears in accerciser determined? I assumed it was in the GtkBuilder file.

I'm testing with Jaunty, ldtp 1.5.1 and the latest mago from bzr.

#!/usr/bin/python

from ldtp import *
from ooldtp import *

from optparse import OptionParser

#Defining the command line arguments
usage = '%prog window_name output_file'
parser = OptionParser(usage)
(options, args) = parser.parse_args ()

if len (args) != 2:
    parser.error ('Incorrect number of arguments')

app = context(args[0])
output = open(args[1], "w")

for component in app.getobjectlist():
    role = getobjectproperty(args[0], component, 'class')
    component = component.encode("UTF-8")
    output.write(str(component) + ", " + str(role) + "\n")

output.flush()
output.close()