Re: [heads-up] evolution-data-server is libsoup3 now

On Wed, 2022-06-22 at 21:36 +0200, Marcus Lundblad wrote:
Maps still depends on libsoup 2 (we get this dependency via
libchamplain, and it is unlikly to get ported…)

        Hi,
Evolution also (optionally) depended on libchamplain and I disabled it
due to this libsoup2 dependency. I know it's not an option for you.

I'm a bit concerned about being able to pull it off this late in the
cycle.

I'm sorry for pushing it this late, there had been pending some other
projects to be ported, and some changes on the libsoup3 side, without
which the work could not happen and would be postponed for another
6 months. And the release team decided to do it now ;)

One option I think is to drop the contact address lookup in Maps (we
use e-d-s via libfolks to match searches on contacts who have
addresses).

Right, it's unfortunate, but it's an option for now, as Michael said.

        Bye,
        Milan