Re: Can we enforce beta release for the freeze

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 3:18 PM Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
Hi all,

I just wasted a whole lot of time trying to figure out why I wasn't
seeing GNOME 40 settings in both Rawhide and Tumbleweed, only to
discover that gnome-control-center didn't get an upstream 40.beta
release until a few hours ago today.

This is extremely frustrating. For all practical purposes, that means
the freeze actually started today, not last week, because we can't do
post-freeze work on unreleased software.

The freeze is pointless without beta releases, so what can we do to
enforce that beta releases happen?

Help out with the modules that are missing releases.

It is a small group of people doing a lot of hard work. The control center maintainer,
Georges, is also one of the main forces behind the gnome-shell redesign.

And days only have 24 hours.