Re: Matrix IRC bridge considered harmful

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 20:16 Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
Not immediately relevant to the issue but would help me as I’m a bit
confused: weren’t *you* on Matrix rather than IRC?

We currently have loads of garbage IRC users in the channels after the bridge hosted at matrix.org was replaced with one hosted at the gnome.org homeserver. The old bridge left its Matrix users in the rooms and the new bridge dutifully bridges them over to IRC. Maybe they tried to contact one of these users.