Re: Changes: GNOME 3.35/3.36 release schedule

Ühel kenal päeval, N, 12.09.2019 kell 09:45, kirjutas Milan Crha via
desktop-devel-list:
On Wed, 2019-09-11 at 14:09 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
* Stable maintenance releases over a longer period

As a real life example, I skipped 3.32.5 this year, because there was
no code change in the stable branch with which the users could
benefit.
The late stables are for bug fixes, from my point of view.

From a downstream (that doesn't roll separate l10n packs) perspective -
please also consider with updated translations on the stable branch,
when deciding whether to cut or not a release at these extra stable
maintenance release points.

Other than that, I would really appreciate if maintainers would
actually release the bug fixes sitting in their stable branches
eventually; often I see that these will never see a release tarball and
downstreams need to go pick them up manually and add their own
patchsets for them.
So giving a nudge towards that with these extra stable release dates is
welcome in my eyes.

Mart