Re: I believe we should reconsider our sys-tray removal

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 3:24 PM <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

I am too, but there is more to this.  I'm forced to use topicons or
some other because when I ask an application to quit, I have found that
some applications don't really quit but instead are sitting in the
notification area.  That's kind of sub-optimal.  So even if you like
the change we are forced to put topicons back invalidating the design
because not everyone is playing fair.

The strategy we went for with the message tray removal was to say:
If you have applications that insist on using status icons in this way,
use the topicons extension.

You make it sound like using topicions is somehow impure or bad.
It isn't.