Re: I believe we should reconsider our sys-tray removal

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 9:57 AM Allan Day via desktop-devel-list
<desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:

An example of this biting us in the arse is that with 3.32 TopIcons is causing the CPU usage to run
through the roof, and people are blaming the Shell for the CPU usage, not the extension, leaving our users
with a bad taste in their mouths.

Can we can do a better job at sign-posting which extension people should use?

A couple of months ago I said I was willing to maintain an "official"
fork of the extension[0].

Except for the ID the fork should use (I really don't want to use the
private e-mail of the former maintainer), everything is lined up[1],
but unfortunately the name issue is still waiting for a conclusion[2].

Cheers,
Florian

[0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell-extensions/issues/116
[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/fmuellner/top-icons/tree/import