Re: GNOME Online Accounts 3.34 won't have documents support

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 09:24, Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 11:00:58AM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I don't think that feature requests should be treated on the same level
> as existing, merged, features

I can't change my theme, I can't change my fonts, no minimize button,
no wallpaper options, my laptop insists on suspending ...

Can I have those back?

Install Tweaks.

See, that's kind of the difference between removing infrastructure and removing UI for it.

Even if you're removing infrastructure, we do have mechanisms and policies for transitioning between the initial and final points: versioned interfaces, soname bumps, new dependencies, deprecations.

What I've been asking is to come up with a process that lets us move an application from core to third party, so that we can communicate this appropriately to users and app developers alike. Because today is Documents, and tomorrow is Music, and the day after that is Photos.

I understand that you're pissed because it seems we're doing backseat driving on your maintainer role, but you're doing something that affects the whole of the project, and that might happen again, so it's better to have a process in place the first time—otherwise it *will* happen again and we won't have a process at all.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.