Re: GNOME Online Accounts 3.34 won't have documents support

Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
It's not Documents. It's Documents, and Pocket, and email integration,
which brings about the viability of applications ever integrating with
gnome-online-accounts, lest they be crippled.

In my mind, Documents, Pocket and email are all fairly different
(speaking from a UX perspective).

In the Documents case, it seems what's basically happening is that the
app is being retired, and there's really no equivalent replacement
from an Online Accounts perspective. You could argue that it shouldn't
be retired yet, or that the retirement should happen in such a way
Documents can live on in another form, of course, and those seem like
good conversations to have.

Pocket integration always felt like an online account that didn't have
a strong reason to be there. I agree that sharing would be a really
good reason to keep it, and that's a feature that I would love to have
(and have wanted for years!) but since we don't have it, you do have
to question what Pocket is there for.

Email is different again, in that there are potentially multiple apps
that could use it, and it's unlikely to cause too much confusion. I
don't think anyone is going to be perplexed by the email switch in the
Online Accounts settings.

Allan