Re: Clarifications regarding GNOME Online Accounts

On Mon, 2019-02-18 at 09:52 -0600, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 7:20 AM, Sam Thursfield <ssssam gmail com>
wrote:
3. continue distributing a "GNOME key" with the source code, and
hope
that Google don't mind

I suggest we don't continue to willfully violate Google's terms of
service now that the issue has been brought to our attention. The
only
reasonable option seems to be to shut down our Google integration.
Not
just from g-o-a, but also the Safe Browsing support in Epiphany.

Hi Michael,

I think first, I'll reach out to Google folks to see if this can be
adjusted. I suspect it's an oversight - a lot of the issues that are
being brought up seem to infer that this is being thought of as a
webapp centric use, rather than how we do it natively.

Neil
--
Neil McGovern
Executive Director, The GNOME Foundation