Re: API stability for Meson configuration options

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:55 AM, Sam Thursfield via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
Do we have a policy for if/when we can do breaking changes to Meson configuration API? If this was a change to the C API, we'd delay it until the next major release (in this case Tracker 3.0).

If gnome-build-meta or gnome-continuous use those options, then they need to be updated at the time you make the change. If you touch gnome-build-meta, be sure to release a new tarball before the next scheduled tarball deadline. (And ask Garnacho about tarball problems specific to tracker.) In this particular case, it looks like gnome-build-meta is fine but gnome-continuous will need to be updated to not use the -Ddocs= option.

I'd consider avoiding such changes after the .90 release, but there's no strict policy, other than keep GNOME building.



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]