Re: What is the status of developer.gnome.org and help.gnome.org?

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 20:19:11 +0000
Emmanuele Bassi via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:

Hi Joanne;

the switch to Meson for various libraries broke the expectations of
library-web, which is used to populate developer.gnome.org. The scripts
expect the HTML for the API reference to be in the release tarballs, but
that’s not the case for Meson-generated dist archives.

GTK and GLib use a separate location to manually upload documentation
tarballs; this needs configuration changes in library-web, and manual
documentation generation on the maintainers side.

Given the state of library-web’s maintenance and resources, I’m actually
trying to figure out a way to use Gitlab’s CI to build the documentation
and put it somewhere else; I still have to investigate how to achieve this
on the GNOME infrastructure. In the meantime, you could check in the
Infrastructure/library-web repository for the configuration changes needed
to use an external tarball for the documentation, and open a merge request
to enable it for ATK and other libraries.

The tarball names should be included here:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/library-web/blob/master/data/extra-tarballs

Though I see atk is already there.

Cheers,
pk