Re: GitLab mirror considered harmful

FWIW I only use our GitHub mirrors when our GitLab is running slow. But that happens often enough....

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:58 AM, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
Could we take it all the way and just push the PR branch to "$github_user_name/$branch_name" in the main repository on GitLab, and open a merge request automatically, then instruct the auto-close bot to direct the person to GitLab, possibly telling them how to create an account as well? Also tag the maintainer's GitHub account (if they have one) in the auto-close message, so they get a notification?

Then we wind up with merge requests that the contributor cannot respond to, which we'll have to close manually. I'd rather just not know about the merge request if the contributor can't take the time to submit it on GitLab.