Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

On Thu, 2019-04-25 at 16:24 +0200, Daniel Mustieles García wrote:
The next change we could discuss is about to remove daemons, parents
killing child process, zombies...

Feel free to start that discussion if daemons and zombies bother you.

Trying to create a more welcoming environment by choosing your words
more carefully is not a "change everything or nothing" debate. I don't
see a need for a "But how far should this go?!" straw argument.

Phrases like "Kill process or sacrifice child" bother me. They can be
rephrased and still be accurate (even if it's only "child process").
Of course you are also free to not be bothered by such phrases.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/