Re: [GitLab] IMPORTANT: Mass migration plan

On Wed, 2018-03-21 at 11:22 +0100, Arnaud Bonatti wrote:
Hi Milan,

Your module rename may mean also renaming in distributions, thus it
should not be done in a rush and "just because we can". At least
from my point of view. You also lose some kind of mind share with
the rename, because existing users know what it is called now, but
will be lost when you rename the module […]

I completely agree with you, the renaming of an old and known
application is always a hard thing to decide and to do, and that’s
why it definitively needs discussions. Note that I don’t feel any
hurry here (in fact, I’m talking here and there about this renaming
since two years…), but depending on how hard it looks like to do the
renaming *after* the Gitlab migration,

Renaming in Gitlab is trivial: in the project settings you can just
rename the project, and Gitlab will set up redirections so that old
URLs keep working. (at least that happened on other Gitlab instances, I
see no reason why that wouldn't work on GNOME's)

--
Mathieu