Re: [GitLab] IMPORTANT: Mass migration plan

tl;dr: Should I use the migration to rename my module?

The goal is to have all GNOME projects moved to GitLab by GUADEC 2018; I
left some time for eventual issues between 15th June and 6th July.

First of all, I’d like to thank you and everybody who helped in making
this migration possible. Since I’m participating to the GNOME project,
I’ve been quite happy with the ‘cgit’ interface (and a little less
with the ‘bugzilla’ one, but it was ok for me), but I completely
understand how this workflow is not good enough for some modules or
some people, and the ‘gitlab’ interface seems a good solution for
solving all these problems. So let’s do a complete migration happily.
:·)

Feel free to share your thoughts and comments about the proposal and I hope
the timeline fits well with your activities.

The timeline and proposal look ok for me, but I have questions
regarding some of the modules I maintain.

Two of these modules –‘iagno’ and ‘dconf-editor’– need a renaming, and
I think it would be great to rename not only the application, but also
the module itself (to help finding where the development takes place);
‘iagno’ should become ‘gnome-reversi’ (with ‘org.gnome.iagno’ becoming
‘org.gnome.Reversi’), and the future name of ‘dconf-editor’ needs
discussions (‘Registry’ and ‘Tinkerings’ are the best I came with, and
there’s a veto on the first :·) ).

So the question is: should the renaming happens at the creation of the
‘gitlab’ repo, being part of the migration, or should I do it after
all has moved?

Regards,
Arnaud

--