Re: [GitLab] IMPORTANT: Mass migration plan

Thanks for coming up with a plan and working on this!

On Tue, 2018-03-20 at 18:01 +0100, Carlos Soriano wrote:
- Bugzilla will only allow comments by June 1st 2018. Reporting new
bugs on Bugzilla will be disabled. New issues will be reported and
managed in GNOME's GitLab.

Reporting new tickets is easy to disable per BZ product:
editproducts.cgi offers a "Open for bug entry" checkbox.

That would still allow editing existing tickets though, like adding
comments. It is possible to make all tickets in a BZ product read-only:
See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T1234 if that is wanted.

- Bugzilla will be phased out and much likely converted into a static
website by February 2020 (the proposed date may vary as we're still
evaluating all the possible solutions to make sure all the bugs will
remain available in read-only mode after Bugzilla's service
decommission). We'll still evaluating possible ways of keeping old
bugs available for historical reasons.

Regarding dumping BZ to static HTML pages,
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T1198 might come handy. You can see
the outcome at https://static-bugzilla.wikimedia.org/

The goal is to have all GNOME projects moved to GitLab by GUADEC
2018; I left some time for eventual issues between 15th June and 6th
July.

I wonder if really all project maintainers who use GNOME Bugzilla do
follow devel-announce-list / desktop-devel-list.

Has it been considered to mass-contact all email addresses listed as
"Developers" on GNOME BZ's product browse pages (e.g. bottom of
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=browse.html&product=Evolution )
of active BZ products, to inform them about this mailing list thread?

And/or setting up an informational banner on top of Bugzilla?
editparams.cgi offers an "announcehtml" parameter "will display
whatever is in this field at the top of every HTML page."

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net