Re: [GitLab] IMPORTANT: Mass migration plan

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 6:01 PM, Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
Hello community,

Hi,

After a few months of manually migrating projects we have moved already over
60, most of them were core modules to make sure the most important projects
were migrated before the mass migration happens.

Congratulations on that achievement.

Proposed plan and timeline for mass migration

What will happen to non-GNOME/third party products that we have on
Bugzilla? The example that comes to mind is Doxygen as it’s quite
visible (in the top 10 when looking at weekly reports). They use
Bugzilla but not git.gnome.org. For this specific case, they could
move their issues to Github where their repository already is

There are probably other similar cases, I seem to remember some
projects using Launchpad for code but our Bugzilla for bug reports.

In any case those probably shouldn’t be moved to the GNOME group on
Gitlab, right?

- Projects that want their bugs migrated will create an issue in our
infrastructure similar to this over the next two months. These project bugs
will be migrated to GitLab issues between June 1st and June 15th 2018. [0]

Any chance of getting
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Incubator/bztogl/issues/7 fixed before then?
It was supposedly blocked because you thought people would be against
the script impersonating them, but it turned out not to be an issue so
I guess nothing is blocking it anymore. That would vastly improve
legibility and usefulness of migrating issues.

- Projects that doesn't create an issue for bug migration will migrate only
the repository, also by June 1st 2018.

Can we make a pass of archiving before that? Several repos haven’t had
any activity at all (not even translations) for 2, 3, … up to
8 years. There’s not much sense migrating those. A cleanup would
reduce the work load.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Franke