Re: Making a phone call with GNOME

On 15/03/18 17:13, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
Le jeudi 15 mars 2018 à 15:41 +0000, Bob Ham a écrit :

is there a 3x4 button grid somewhere that I missed?

To be clear, I mean that Empathy Call UI have a dial pad with all this
with the DTMF implemented. So the code is there. Mostly all what we did
on the Nokia phone was also implemented in Empathy for SIP. What's
likely missing, is to enable that UI to initiate a call.

Ah I see!  I was expecting there to be Empathy code there we could use
in the call handler.  I didn't realise there was a dial pad in there.

What I don't
mean to, is that this is not ready for a Phone UI, it needs a design
and a better workflow.

Right, yes.  In my original email, I avoided pre-empting the question
"why aren't you just using Empathy?"  You've provided the answer here.
I'm glad we're on the same page :-)

Also, from random Google Image search:
http://fortintam.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/empathy-3.6-and-pulseaudio-2.0.jpg

Cool, thanks.