Re: Let's kill gnome-common!

On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 11:19 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Work is in progress to let maintainers upload tarballs with the
generate API reference for developer.gnome.org

        Hi,
okay, how is that supposed to work in general? As Meson builds out of
the source tree, is that "work in progress" meant to be Meson specific?

Personally, I'd not include those gtk-doc and help generated files in
the tarballs, because they are there "twice" then, but I know of the
older thread where some distro(s) preferred in-tarball documentation
over generating them during build time (which saves time for their
users/build machines, in price of larger tarballs for everyone); some
distros rebuild help/gtk-doc always, no matter whether they are in the
tarball or not.
        Bye,
        Milan