Re: GitHub mirror creates contribution problems

On 13 October 2017 at 13:54, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:

I'm now getting comments on commits which are really bug reports, like
this one:
https://github.com/GNOME/gdk-pixbuf/commit/c2a40a92fe3df4111ed9da51fe3368c079b86926#commitcomment-24951987

That's a first.

Do we have any control over what's allowed on our mirrors, or do we
need to accept this as yet another source of bug reports, like forums,
blog post comments and Twitter/Facebook/Google+ questions?

Pretty much. If there's a comment box, you'll very likely get a
comment that almost looks like a bug report.

At most, you can be clear on where to file bugs, but playing
whack-a-mole with the whole Internet ends in disaster.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io