Re: Bugzilla migration tool user accounts

Le jeudi 30 novembre 2017 à 12:54 +0100, Alexandre Franke a écrit :
On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 6:43 AM,  <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
Bastien, do you also mean to imply that the wish to be subscribed
to >2000
issues means that receiving >2000 mails won't be a problem?

It will be a problem, but not as bad as losing subscription on those
issues. It would still be very much worth looking for a way to
temporarily disable notifications to avoid that flood. I can also
imagine that sending that many email out at once can raise some flags
and make GNOME look bad in the eye of some email providers.

This was an issue when some project tried to migrate to Phabricator.
The server end up stalled for days, spamming everyone. We need to be
careful.

Nicolas