Re: Bugzilla migration tool user accounts

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 09:48 -0500, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
Le mardi 28 novembre 2017 à 14:56 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
Hey,

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 04:21 +0000, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
Hi list,

This is about the migration tool for Bugzilla bug reports to
GitLab
issues. See, for background, issues [1] and [2]. Currently, the
migration tool posts all the migrated issues and their associated
comments as one single user; either the maintainer who runs the
script, or a special 'bugzilla-migration' user.

At the very least, I'd expect people who were on CC: for the
Bugzilla
bugs to also be CC:ed on the GitLab issues.

I'm currently on the CC: list for more than 2000 bugs in Bugzilla.
That
doesn't cover modules for which I'm a co-maintainer and would have
received automated -maint gnome bugs emails. I would hate to have
resubscribe to every one of those by hand.

I already found the 20-odd bugs I was CC:ed on in gnome-calendar a
pain
to resubscribe to, so you can imagine with 2k bugs.

Also, my GNOME.org gitlab registered e-mail address isn't the same
as
my bugzilla mail address. It's another problem you might run into
with
the migration script.

To be checked in the script, but you have to make sure your bugzilla
email is listed in gitlab (it supports multiple email).

Cool.

 After migration
there will be no issue removing old emails. You can also change your
email in bugzilla too if you want, that works these days.

No thanks :)