Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 01:49:21PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
By attaching a patch to a bugtracker ticket, we loose the information of
the parent commit: where the commit has been initially created in the
git history.
If the patch is created by git format-patch, it contains the hash of
the parent, so git knows the original parent.

I've already had the problem that git-bz apply fails (there was a
conflict), while git was able to resolve automatically the conflict when
rebasing the branch.
'git am -3' is the same as a rebase.

Zbyszek