Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:38 PM Carlos Soriano <csoriano protonmail com> wrote:
That's a nice discussion to have, but a goal on the initiative was to try to match what we have now (with the inherited niceties for those workflow/use cases), with the less disruption possible, while keeping the "nice things we could do" for a later case-by-case evaluation.

Right, to be clear, what i'm proposing is to keep status quo for access control, but on the new system.  here's what I proposed mapped to the existing system:

Can report issues and propose fixes → anyone can currently report bugs to bugzilla, and attach patches
Can triage issues → those with editbugs can triage issues
Can fix issues → those with commit access can fix issues.

So if we keep that level of access control without adding additional ACLs and such I'm a happy camper
--Ray