Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 6:23 AM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:

We are confident that GitLab is a good choice for GNOME, and we can’t wait for GNOME to modernise our developer experience with it. It will provide us with vastly more effective tools, an easier landing for newcomers, and lots of opportunities to improve the way that we work. We're ready to start working on the migration.

I want to thank everyone who put the effort into putting this together and doing a thorough job of considering our options.

This welcome news, and at last we infrastructure that can provide a similar experience to Github while staying true to our values and improving the way we work.  Just another great change for the future!

I've not had some time to spend on gitlab that much, but I can see that we have an opportunity to change how we do developer flows that takes advantage of the capabilities of Gitlab.

So a big +1 from me!

sri