Re: Librsvg 2.41.0 is released

On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 18:25 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
I don't see why not. Cargo is not just a "package manager" (unless by
"package manager" you mean "something that clones a list of Git
repositories") but also the preferred build system for Rust.

It downloads third-party software, which is sure to be unacceptable for
virtually all of our distributors. I expect we will have to handle this
the same way we do pip: not use it at all.

I trust the developers most interested in promoting Rust in the GNOME
ecosystem are also be interested in solving this build system problem.
meson already has some degree of support for Rust, for example. No
doubt this is a challenge that can be surmounted.

Michael