Re: Help building Gstreamer 1.10

On Sat, 2017-02-11 at 15:01 +0000, Sam Thursfield wrote:
Glad you fixed it. Yes, it's probably a problem in the Autotools
instructions, perhaps two problems. One that GStreamer's `make
uninstall` target doesn't remove everything, and one in the
GI/Autotools integration. Autotools is a pretty hairy codebase, so
while a fix would be welcome, make sure you don't get eaten by
dragons
along th way :-)

I think this problem would be worked around by using uninstall-before-
install="true" in the JHBuild moduleset. I think it uses JHBuild's
database of installed files to be sure it really uninstalls everything,
rather than possibly-broken 'make uninstall'. It was originally added
for use by evolution-data-server, but I think nothing uses it now that
it was switched to CMake. Check gnome-suites-core-deps-3.22.modules for
example use.

Sebastian, does that fix it for you? If so, feel free to push the
change to the JHBuild repo.

Michael