Re: Help building Gstreamer 1.10

Hi Lanoxx

On 2/11/17, Sebastian Geiger (Lanoxx) <lanoxx gmx net> wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to build gstreamer 1.10 today with jhbuild using the 3.22
module set, and I got the following error:

I've seen problems like this before which were caused by: a new symbol
being added in the source tree, an older version of the library being
installed, and the g-ir-scanner linking stuff against the old version
that is installed.

If 'gst_element_message_full_with_details' and
'gst_make_element_message_details' were recently added then that's
probably what's happening here.

To work around the issue you can do `make uninstall` in your
/home/user/Documents/Code/jh-gnome-checkout/gstreamer/ directory, then
try jhbuild again. The g-ir-scanner should now be forced to link
against the new libraries in the source tree.

This is an annoying bug, I'm not sure what causes it. Possibly some
issue in the GI/Autotools integration.

Sam