Re: Help building Gstreamer 1.10

I have played around with this a little further and found that this
issue is quite easy to reproduce by just going back to build gstreamer
1.8 and then building 1.10 again. Interestingly I got the same issue of
undefined references when building 1.8 (just for different build
artifacts), which again could not be resolved by make uninstalled but by
manually removing a few files under the install dir.

Going back and forth a few times, I was able to verify that this can be
solved by deleting the following three files from the jhbuild install
directory (e.g. /opt/gnome-build for me):

./lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so
./lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0
./lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.803.0

Note that these files are actually from a previous gstreamer build (most
likely 1.8), but at the time the error occurs they are still present in
the install directory. Coincidentally jhbuild will try to remove them
when it has finished building the new gstreamer:

I: 6 files remaining from previous build
W: Failed to delete no longer installed file
'/opt/gnome-build/lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.803.0': No such file or
directory

After the build is finished I now see a different gstreamer-1.0.so
version in the install directory:

./lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so
./lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0
./lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.1003.0

I would really like to get to the source of this issue and fix it, as I
am pretty sure this is not the first time I have had issues with
building gstreamer.