Re: GitLab update: Moving to the next step

On 7 December 2017 at 13:28, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
And, yes: diversity is still an issue that we need to tackle [insert
subtle reminder here about the code of conduct rework that the board
is still working on and that I hope I'll see in my lifetime].

Small clarification - it's the working group [1] that's working on the
code of conduct, not the board. Also, it's an events code of conduct,
not one for online behaviour.

Thanks for the clarification about the scope — even though this is not
what I was led to believe the *many* times I raised this issue with
the board. Well, clearly my fault.

This raises the question of who is going to review the currently
insufficient-bordering-on-useless code of conduct that we have for
GNOME online services and, more generally, for the community?

I want to have something like the freedesktop.org code of conduct[0]
apply to all the services we have in GNOME — mailing list, IRC, Git
repositories, and issue tracking. Since two of those services are now
being coalesced into a single platform, I think we should be
exceedingly clear about what we support and, especially, what we don't
condone.

The "Bill & Ted" code of conduct we currently have is woefully
inadequate to the modern realities of what the Internet is.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

[0]: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct/

Ciao,