Re: GitLab update: Moving to the next step

On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 18:49 +0100, Carlos Soriano wrote:
Hello community,

I have good news, after few meetings and discussions with GitLab we
reached
an agreement on a way to bring the features we need and to fix our
most
important blockers
<https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME-Community/GitLab-Infrastructure/issue
s/8>
in a reasonable time and in a way that are synced with us. Their team
will
fix our blockers in the next 1-2 months, most of them will be fix in
the
release of 22th of December and the rest if everything goes well in
the
release of 22th of January. The one left that will be an ongoing
effort out
of those 2 months is a richer UI experience for duplicates, which is
going
to be an ongoing effort.

Apologies for the blockage for those that regularly asked to migrate
their
project, I wanted to make sure we are doing things in the right
steps. I
also wanted to make sure that I get feedback and comments about the
initiative all around in my effort to make a representation of the
community for taking these decisions. Now it's the point where I'm
confident, the feedback and comments both inside and outside of our
core
community has been largely that we should start our path to fully
migrate
to GitLab.

So starting today we move forward to the next step, this means that
all
projects that want to migrate are free to migrate. I'm also
coordinating
with some core apps for a migration in the upcoming month (e.g.
Documents,
Photos, Boxes), with other core projects to be migrated once we have
in
GitLab the features we need (i.e. Software, Shell, Mutter), and more
platform-ish core projects like gtk+, glib etc. to be taken their
time to
ensure their migration is smooth. All depends individually of the
project
and the maintainer, of course.
[...]

Have you considered the backlash to GNOME that it may cause?
https://twitter.com/Amorelandra/status/938444347506180096

I just learned about it.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño