Re: For projects switching to Meson *only*

On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 10:19 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 4:40 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
wrote:
On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 00:37 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
 On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Peter Hutterer
 <peter hutterer who-t net> wrote:
 > I will, but I'll keep the two parallel for at least a release
or
 > two.
 > If you
 > need me to add anything specific to keep continuous happy for
the
 > time
 > being, let me know.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >    Peter

 Here's a request for maintainers who are supporting both meson
and
 Autotools: please consider adding the meson build files to your
 release
 tarballs (add them to EXTRA_DIST) if you want people to actually
use
 the meson build system. You don't have to, but it'd be nice.

 For people helping maintain the jhbuild modulesets, please do
not
 switch modules to use meson until the meson build files have
 appeared
 in a release tarball, or you're confident they will appear in
the
 next
 tarball. (Unless Autotools support has already been dropped, in
 which
 case maintainers, please follow the GNOME release cycle in
making
 your
 next release!) This will reduce the amount of manual hacking
 required
 to produce release modulesets that actually build. I've
temporarily
 switched GStreamer and Grilo back to using Autotools for this
reason.

What was the problem with Grilo's meson support?

We have a bug opened for a regression with the 0.4.0 version, but
the
meson build works as expected in jhbuild.

Cheers

Problem with grilo is there are no meson build files in the latest
release tarballs, and the modulesets need to work when converted to
tarballs for our release process.

Are you saying you reverted jhbuild module changes, without notifying
the committer, because there's a problem with the grilo/grilo-plugins
handling, but you didn't file a bug against those modules?