Re: Switching from Autotools to CMake for core evolution products

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 07:54:02AM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
This is fine from a release team perspective, as we're already set up
to handle CMake modules. Just make sure to update the JHbuild
moduselets and Continuous manifest at the same time you make the
change. There are already examples of how to handle CMake projects
(e.g. WebKitGTK+).

Not sure why you say this so easily. GNOME modules at the moment are
really easy to package. CMake is annoying. Having each module choose its
own build system is a step backwards.

There's certain requirement each module has to follow, e.g. versioning
scheme and so on. That's for good reasons and one of the benefits. GNOME
releases loads and loads of modules. Its important that we deviate as
little as possible in what we provide.

I'm a little surprised at the use of CMake instead of meson, but that's
your choice to make.

--
Regards,
Olav